The IBBME Design Studio houses 3D printing resources for use by students and researchers at U of T.
- Materials: proprietary resin based printer—available in clear, tough, flexible and durable resins (other options may become available, check the FormLabs website for complete list)
- Maximum building size: 145 x 145 x 175 mm
- Resolution (z): 25-100 µm
- Resolution (x-y, laser spot): 140 µm
- Other features: single material, both piece and supports are printed with the same material
- Fees: FormLabs fee schedule
Prusa i3 Original Mk2S
- Materials: PLA, ABS, nylon, soluble, flexible, etc.
- Resolution (z): 4 mm to 0.05 mm
- Resolution (x-y, minimum wall thickness): ~1 mm
- Maximum building size: 250 x 210 x 200 mm
- Other features: Single material (multi-material in near future), full metal nozzle up to 600°C, option to use your own filament
- Fees: Prusa i3 fee schedule
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Resolution (z): 0.010 inch (0.254 mm) or 0.013 inch (0.330 mm)
- Resolution (x-y, minimum wall thickness): 0.036 inch (0.914 mm) or 0.047 inch (1.194 mm)
- Maximum building size: 203 x 152 x 152 mm
- Other features: single material piece with soluble support
- Fees: uPrint Plus fee schedule
Brief design consultations are provided at no charge.
If it is necessary to fix the STL for proper printing, an email notice will be sent to you before the fix is implemented. Upon approval, the fix will be performed and charged at $50.00 per hour (billed in 15 minute segments).
The fixed STL file will be sent back to the user. Files are discarded after print and no electronic or physical copies are kept.
Computer-aided design (CAD) services are also available for research and external users, starting at $50.00 per hour.
Fees and regulations are subject to change without notice.
Access & Quoting
Max Guiliani, Design Studio Coordinator