James Drake | Professor
BSE (Princeton), MB, BCh (Dublin), MSc, FRCSC
- Professor, Department of Surgery
- Senior Associate Scientist, SickKids Research Institute, Head, Division of Neurosurgery & Harold J. Hoffman / Shoppers Drug Mart Chair, Sick Kids Hospital
- Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering
- Director, Centre for Image-Guided Innovation & Therapeutic Intervention, and Co-Lead, Centre for Image-Guided Care, Hospital for Sick Children
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Bloorview MacMillan Children’s Centre
+1 416 813-6125 (office)
- Computer- and robotic-assisted surgery
- MR guided Focused ultrasound for pediatric surgical disorders
- Virtual reality and physical surgical simulations for training and evaluation
- Basic research in bioengineering and mathematical models
Surgical outcomes in craniosynostosis reconstruction: The use of prefabricated templates in cranial vault remodeling David Y. Khechoyan, Nikoo R. Saber, Jonathan Burge, Adel Fattah, James Drake, Christopher R. Forrest, John H. Phillips. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, in Press
F. Khan, B. Carrillo, T. Looi, J. Drake. “A Dexterous Instrument for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery”. Hamlyn Symposium for Medical Robotics, London, UK, June 2013.
T. Looi, B. Yeung, M. Umasuthan, J.M. Drake. “Image Guidance Framework with Endoscopic Video for Automated Robotic Anastomosis in a Paediatric Setting”. Hamlyn Symposium for Medical Robotics, London, UK, June 2013.
N. Saber, M.A. Cachia, C. Forrest, J. Drake. “Prediction of cranial shape from 3D facial photogrammetry: initial experience”. Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery – 27th International Congress and Exhibition, Heidelberg, Germany, July 2013.
R. Brooks, H. Piper, T. Looi, J. Drake. “NOTES Suction Grasper for Tubular Viscera – Characterization of Gripping Force when Varying Hole Size, Diameter, and Number”. Engineering in Medicine and Biology, Osaka, Japan, July 2013.
Perform an automatic PubMed search of this researcher’s publications