Michael Laflamme | Associate Professor
MD, PhD (Emory)
- Senior Scientist, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute & Staff Pathologist, University Health Network
- Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology
- Institute of Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering
- McEwen Centre for Regenerative Medicine, University Health Network
University Health Network
101 College Street, Room 3-908
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1L7
+1 416 634-7270 (office)
- Cell therapy and cardiac tissue engineering in preclinical models of myocardial infarction
- Monitoring and enhancing the electrical function of pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte grafts
- Cellular engineering of stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes
- New methods of intra-cardiac graft cell delivery and non-invasive monitoring
Romagnuolo R, Laflamme MA. (2017). Programming cells for cardiac repair. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2017 Jun 17;47:43-50. doi: 10.1016/j.copbio.2017.05.011.
Hartman ME, Dai DF, Laflamme MA. (2016). Human pluripotent stem cells: Prospects and challenges as a source of cardiomyocytes for in vitro modeling and cell-based cardiac repair. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 96: 3-17.
Zhu WZ, Filice D, Palpant NJ, Laflamme MA. (2014). Methods for assessing the electromechanical integration of human pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocyte grafts. Methods in Molecular Biology. 1181: 229-47.
Shiba Y, Filice D, Fernandes S, Minami E, Dupras SK, Biber BV, Trinh P, Hirota Y, Gold JD, Viswanathan M, Laflamme MA. (2014). Electrical integration of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes in a guinea pig chronic infarct model. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 19(4): 368-381.
Lundy SD, Zhu WZ, Regnier M, Laflamme MA. (2013). Structural and functional maturation of cardiomyocytes derived from human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells and Development. 22(14): 1991-2002.
Moyes KW, Sip CG, Obenza W, Yang E, Horst C, Welikson RE, Hauschka SD, Folch A, Laflamme MA. (2013). Human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes migrate in response to gradients of fibronectin and Wnt5a. Stem Cells and Development. 22(16): 2315-25.
Shiba Y, Fernandes S, Zhu WZ, Filice D, Muskheli V, Kim J, Palpant NJ, Gantz J, Moyes KW, Reinecke H, Van Biber B, Dardas T, Mignone JL, Izawa A, Hanna R, Viswanathan M, Gold JD, Kotlikoff MI, Sarvazyan N, Kay MW, Murry CE, Laflamme MA. (2012). Human ES-cell-derived cardiomyocytes electrically couple and suppress arrhythmias in injured hearts. Nature. 489(7415): 322-5.
Laflamme MA, Murry CE. (2011). Heart regeneration. Nature. 473(7347): 326-35.
Zhu WZ, Xie Y, Moyes KW, Gold JD, Askari B, Laflamme MA. (2010). Neuregulin/ErbB signaling regulates cardiac subtype specification in differentiating human embryonic stem cells. Circulation Research. 107(6): 776-86.