The Translational Biology and Engineering Program (TBEP) is the University of Toronto’s component of the Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research (TRCHR).
Occupying the 14th floor of MaRS Discovery District’s West Tower, TBEP brings together eight faculty members and their students from U of T Dentistry, Engineering and Medicine to advance heart research, diagnostics, and regeneration using a comprehensive approach that includes systems and developmental biology, technology innovation and clinical translation.
TBEP’s three key areas of research:
- Discovery in cardiovascular development, disease initiation and repair
- Determination of molecular signatures or biomarkers for early detection and management of cardiovascular disease
- Regeneration of cardiovascular tissues using molecules, cells and materials
- Novel MRI approach gives heart failure patients new hope
- Faculties of Engineering, Dentistry and Medicine to collaborate in new Translational Biology and Engineering Program
- Craig Simmons appointed Scientific Director of Translational Biology and Engineering Program
- Historic $130-million gift to establish the Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research
U of T Translational Biology & Engineering Program (TBEP)
Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research
MaRS West Tower, 661 University Ave, 14th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1M1 Canada
+ 1 416 946-TBEP (8237) (office)