The Master of Applied Science (MASc) in Biomedical Engineering is a full-time, research-intensive program at the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto.
The programs provide a strong academic foundation for students who want to become immersed in the discipline of biomedical engineering and are designed to offer students challenging and rewarding research opportunities to enhance the quality of our health-care system.
This program welcomes applicants with an undergraduate degree in dentistry, engineering, medical, physical or biological sciences.
Program objectives at the master’s level
- To develop interdisciplinary skills that span the biological sciences, the engineering disciplines, to materials science, systems modelling, computer science, and bioprocess design
- To prepare graduates for careers in science and the health care
- To allow graduates to utilize their engineering and life sciences backgrounds to design, develop and implement cutting-edge biomedical technologies in industry, academia and clinical medicine
IBBME Research Themes
- Biomaterials, Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
- Engineering in a Clinical Setting
- Nanotechnology, Molecular Imaging & Systems Biology
- Neural, Sensory Systems & Rehabilitation
- Academic Requirements
- Application Deadlines
- English Language Proficiency
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to Apply
- Selecting a Supervisor
+1 416 978-4841 (office)