The Master of Engineering (MEng) in Biomedical Engineering program is an accelerated, one year full-time program with a focus on the design and commercialization of biomedical devices.
Students in this program will have the opportunity to take on applied design challenges and meet the growing demands of this industry through a four-month internship.
- focus: design and commercialization of biomedical devices
- accelerated, full-time program—complete this degree in one year’s time
- included four-month internship provides students with direct industry, academic lab or hospital exposure
- ideal for those planning to move directly to industry
- learn from IBBME’s world-renowned engineers and scientists
The MEng program consists of courses from three pillars and an internship in applied research:
- Biomedical Engineering Technology
- Biomedical Sciences
- Commercialization & Entrepreneurship
- Internship in applied research (BME 1899)
Refer to our graduate courses page for requirements and suggested curriculum pathways.
Note that admitted MEng students are required to submit a curriculum plan and course choices in August prior to the start of the fall term to the Student Programs Office (MB 332).
Examples of biomedical device applications
- early diagnosis of certain diseases
- regeneration or repair of damaged tissues and organs
- rehabilitation of injured patients
- support the independence of people with physical and cognitive disabilities
Application deadline for September 2017 cohort—March 27, 2017
Rhonda Marley, Professional Programs Assistant
+1 416 978-6102 (office)